Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

broad band speed poor and vm test fails and phone contact closed so how to get to some help

on uk vm 500mb package but only getting scores of 36mb down and 7mb up with a wired cat 8 ethernet lan cable fitted to my gaming pc. my son upstairs on his playstation also lan cable cat 8 is constant lagging with upload speeds as low as 1mb.

logged into my vm tried service check but fails everytime and after 3 have to wait 24hours so tried phoning every day last few days always get so far then the test fails so it says "I will put you through to someone " then get " all call centres closed goto vmfaults which I was on arrrrrgggghhhhh catch 22 loop of no help

Highlighted
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: broad band speed poor and vm test fails and phone contact closed so how to get to some help

Send a text (SMS) to VM 07533 051809, stating the issue you have.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 500Mb VM service with SH3 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: broad band speed poor and vm test fails and phone contact closed so how to get to some help

thanks for the help but all I got was a load of info about the vm faults page which I have tried many times and got told at 16.30  everyone had gone home try in the morning and my complaint was closed.... we have a bad crackle on landline and I have managed to book an engineer to come about that no problem it does not make any sense

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there I'm sorry to hear about that issues you have my name is Pawan Paul I am a virgin media technician I can give  a few tips on how to get your wifi working firstly make sure all the F connectors are tight from the back of the hub to the isolater then proceed to turn the hub off for about 10-15 seconds wait for it to boot up if this does not work then there is a hard rest button at the back off the hub I hope this solves the issue 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos