Menu
Chad0112
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

**bleep** WiFi

**bleep** WiFi that’s why all the post on this site are all about complaints. It’s hard to contact them and if you do manage they won’t help you anyway about the slow WiFi unless you pay another £5 every months. My broadband was installed 16th January,  2021 and I was already complaining about the speed I’m getting and they want you to pay 1 month advance for this **bleep**ty connection. gonna say bye to virgin media, not worth the money.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: **bleep** WiFi

VM do not garanteee wifi speeds.

What speed do you get wired
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If you leave now you will be charged an eye-watering early disconnection fee, assuming your wired connections are all OK.

Far cheaper to spend ~£100 and sort your wifi issues out forever with your own better quality equipment.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Chad0112
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes they do, that’s why they promoting the M100, M200 and m500. 

I’m using m200, but I leterraly need to stay downstairs to use WiFi, because upstairs inside the rooms I need to use my phone data. I was told that they going to send me WiFi pods, but didn’t received it and now I rang them again and I was told out of stock so if I want the pods I need to pay another £5 every month for it.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

nope all speed guarantees only apply to wired connections.

So what speeds do you get wired
0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Another person thinking (and theirs more where they come from) I want my speed by wireless dam it thats what I'm paying for. Maybe VM should not do wifi hubs just saying.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Chad0112 wrote:

Yes they do, that’s why they promoting the M100, M200 and m500. 

I’m using m200, but I leterraly need to stay downstairs to use WiFi, because upstairs inside the rooms I need to use my phone data. I was told that they going to send me WiFi pods, but didn’t received it and now I rang them again and I was told out of stock so if I want the pods I need to pay another £5 every month for it.

Wrong:

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/speeds 

Things that may affect broadband speeds

The actual speed you experience can be lower than estimated. Broadband speeds may be affected by things we can’t control – like the use of WiFi, the device you’re using, the wiring in your building and the number of users online and accessing a particular website. Also, at peak times, high usage e.g. during major sporting events, may cause congestion.

A bunch of things outside our control might affect your broadband speeds at home, including the location of the Hub, how you use your WiFi, the devices you use and the wiring in your building. Plus, unlike our Hub 4, our Hub 1, 2 and 3 can only measure speeds to themselves, not to your devices. To get the most out of your in-home WiFi, or to fix any WiFi issues, check out our help pages.

0 Kudos
Chad0112
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I’m getting 213.59 DL and 21.06 UL wired.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

then the connection is working as expected.
you can always sully your own wireless router with a better radio
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Read message 3

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos