cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

been upgrade to 1gb something not right

Razor1979
On our wavelength

We have always been on the 600mb since it came out but with the introduction of volt benefits with o2 we were told we were going up to 1gb, virgin sent us a new hub 4 which didn’t really matter to me as we only ever use the modem in modem mode as I have an internal mesh network 

the issue is we always use to get around 550-600 mb now we are getting around 625mb not much of an upgrade 

looking through the settings on the modem can someone tell me if perhaps I’m on the wrong speed profile please as to me this would point out I’m only on 690mb ? 

and if this is the case what would I need to do I have tried running the modem in router mode and rebooting several times and nothing changes 

C1EBDE68-1686-44B4-B2A4-62145CDAEF17.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Glad to hear your speeds have improved Razor1979,

keep us posted if anything changed 😄
Zoie

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

Razor1979
On our wavelength

98B21382-A545-440B-A602-2505AEBF19F2.png

5D4E1D3D-140C-4FE0-8342-8AD845A01A22.png

4A97A4A5-F1E8-4CFD-99FC-C1B76FEFDE1B.png

Some more screen shots for you 

Your router is set to 650 not 1gig under max traffic rate.

Thank you

That’s what I thought but wanted to check before I call virgin and sit in a queue 

If it's a 'volt' upgrade - they can take 14 days to kick-in!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

hi its been over 2 weeks and we received an email to say the new hub was coming and once arrived and fitted the speed increase would already be in place 

I'd wait for forum staff to get to this - they'll be able to add some clarity!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Razor1979

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Have you still not seen your speed pick up now? How is your broadband performing?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I managed to go into virgin website and run a test they identified a problem and reset the modem it now has the correct profile all be it my downloads are around 800mb but I’m sure it’s now just settling in 

but thank you guys for your help 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is no settling in period with cable. How are you testing the speed? Max ethernet will be around 950 and depending on your WiFi kit could be 600. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks