Menu
Siobhanz2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Zoho Assist

I have recently complained several times about how slow my broadband is & today I was contacted by a company called Zoho who said they work with Virgin Media at there head office in London. Anyhow, I was advised my bill will be discounted and my router was not compatible for my area and I will receive. New one...! As soon as we got to talking about bank details he actually confirmed mine to me so I granted him access to my computer to look at the speed and change my IP address or something, he then asked me to log into my bank and I asked why as he already had my details and he hung up the phone on me. I have been trying to get in touch with my bank and virgin for hours and can not speak to either one by live chat or phone!! I’m worried, have I been scammed ??

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Zoho Assist

Use your bank emergency line.

Disconnect your computer / devices from the internet and switch off the Hub.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Speak to VM first thing in the morning.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
Siobhanz2
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou, now I’m really worried. I looked them up on the internet and they are a company how legit I don’t know but they are top of google search, apparently an engineer will be here tomorrow with a new router to install! We shall see.
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

sounds like you have been scammed. contact our bank.
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Siobhanz2 wrote:
Thankyou, now I’m really worried. I looked them up on the internet and they are a company how legit I don’t know but they are top of google search, apparently an engineer will be here tomorrow with a new router to install! We shall see.

If this 'Zoho company' was acting on behalf of VM don't you think VM would have told you to expect a call ?

0 Kudos
Siobhanz2
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks all, seems like they caught me at the wrong time, only 90p in my bank anyway & no credit rating so they can get a snickers and I’ll try speak to someone tomorrow, I don’t have hours on end to keep holding with the excuse of the virus, 8 hours I have used up today....

0 Kudos
Siobhanz2
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi. All

Just to make you aware Zoho assist and the company is not affiliated with Virgin & is a SCAM !! DO NOT GIVE ANY DETAILS AND PLEASE HANG UP ASAP....

Regards

Siobhan

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update and hope you get sorted.

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

For peace of mind I'd do a full anti-virus scan of the PC.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos