Menu
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: YouTube lagging

Sorry for this issue that your all experiencing, we are aware of it and we are working to get this issues resolved, but unfortunately we don't have any firm updates at the moment as to when this issue will be resolved.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 12 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I'm experiencing this too. Trying to watch a live stream on YouTube and with the video quality set to Auto, it's stuttering, pausing, and even when it downgrades the quality to 360p it can't keep.up.

If it's of any help though, I switched to another live stream on YouTube and that was fine. Activating "stats for nerds" and the one that works okay is set to "optimised for low latency" and the one that is failing is set to "ultra low latency". 

I'm able to watch both on my phone through the same WiFi connection with no problems.

The V6 becomes very unresponsive in the stuttering stream. Navigating through the YouTube onscreen controls is very laggy.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Meanteam

Thanks so much for popping by - sorry that you're still having this issue. 

After a bit of investigation, we are aware of some customers having some issues whilst using the YouTube app via the V6 box. 

I can see that we're planning to undertake some upgrades to support this issue. When they are completed, any buffering issues that you are experiencing will be resolved. The reference number for this work is NKE013165

Sorry we could not give any more updates at this time. 

Cheers 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 14 of 15
Flag for a moderator

The video doesn't shutter only the audio 

Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 15 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Yeah because the V6 struggles playing videos in 60fps