Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

YouTube lagging

Hi I have been watching YouTube via the TiVo box and it loads some times but then the video is out of sync with he sound, the video is stuck on the first 3-4 seconds and the sound plays as normal, if I play this on the phone it works fine, I did a speed test and sitting around 120-150 mbs (lower than normal but not worried) I have reset our hub 3 a few times reset the WiFi booster and rest the TiVo box also and it’s still not working, the TiVo box is in the spare room and connected to our WiFi booster (provided by virgin) but can’t test the speed it’s getting over that as the wifi on its own was around 55% strong and was intermittent signal for streaming,

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: YouTube lagging

Hi Davidnlaura,

Thanks for your post and sorry for the wait in getting back to you. 

Are you still having this issue?

Let me know if you still need help.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi alex,

Yes I'm still having this issue on and off at times 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that Davidnlaura

Are you still getting lower speeds than normal when you carry out a test too?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@Joe_F wrote:

Sorry to hear that Davidnlaura

Are you still getting lower speeds than normal when you carry out a test too?

Thanks Joe_F

Hi joe, 

no not anymore after numerous hub resets done by hardware and software (via the connect app) this has rectified its self 

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi I'm having this issue again and its starting to do my head in big time. Only seem to get this issue when watching Tim tracker on YouTube, the sound is fine but the video is lagging ever few seconds then watch another video and it's fine but this is going on for months now, im getting this on both tivo boxes and my main one is connected directly to the v6 box so.there is no wifi issue as this is over Ethernet, after talking to virgin and they said I need a wifi booster, still don't know how they worked that out as I told him it's nothing to do with the wifi and am told it will speed up the connection? Can some one please help in this as i doubt its the Youtuber that's causing it 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Davidnlaura,

Thank you for coming back to us, can you confirm it is only the one programme this is affecting?

Is this happening when you watch it live on the channel?

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

This is on youtube it's not live

It works fine on my mobile on a 4” screen but I want to watch it on our main tv via the youtube channel and it still laggs on this 

0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Iv personally made a post about this too, looking around on this form a lot of v6 customers are having the same problem until virgin fix this the only solution is to down scale your 1080p and 4K videos to 720p 🤦‍♂️ or just watch on other devices. My personal setup is 500Mb broadband all devices are hard wired with cat 6 only phones are wifi.
Tuning in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice brooksy that worked for me had to reduce the quality from 1080 to 720 and it works fine, only thing is it’s more pixelated now but your right virgin need to get this sorted!!!!

@brooksy79 wrote:
Iv personally made a post about this too, looking around on this form a lot of v6 customers are having the same problem until virgin fix this the only solution is to down scale your 1080p and 4K videos to 720p 🤦‍♂️ or just watch on other devices. My personal setup is 500Mb broadband all devices are hard wired with cat 6 only phones are wifi.

0 Kudos