Menu
BennyBiscuit
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Xbox download speed terrible

Hi there, when I run the network speed test via my Xbox settings I am getting circa 400mps download speeds. However, when downloading games it is only circa 30mps? I can’t understand the difference?

I have a hard wired connection.

thanks

ben

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox download speed terrible

Games consoles are notorious for speed tests.

What is your connection like using a direct connection with a Cat 5E or better ethernet cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Avalon-One
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xbox download speed terrible

Speedtest tests your connection speed to/from the speedtest server with the lowest ping, downloads are from the Xbox Live servers... at Christmas... in the midst of a pandemic lockdown for the majority of the UK and following a new console launch, it's easy to see why one of those would be significantly different from he other.

0 Kudos