Menu
jermako
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wow! That is quick!

I decided to share with you my recent exerience with VM.

It looks ike my problem has been solved once and for all.I have been having problems with getting promissed speed (in my case 350Mbps) since I joined (6 months ago). Eventually one of technicians suggested to change a channel width in wireless signal seetings50 MB/sec=400 Mbps50 MB/sec=400 Mbps of my hub 3.0 (advance settings-wireless signal-frequency 2.4 GHz change channel width to 20/40MHz and frequency 5.0 GHz change channel width to 20/40/80 MHz)

Look at attached picture-I can download with speed of 50 MB/s which is 400 Mbps!!! I am on 350 Mbps.

Well done VM!

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wow! That is quick!

Setting the 2.4Ghz band to 20/40Mhz will cause channel overlaps.

Whomever suggested doing that has no idea what they’ve asked you to do. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Paul_262
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That’s great to hear was it one of our technicians working from home that contacted you via phone recently ?

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
jermako
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes,it was 😉
0 Kudos
jermako
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Gary,could you explain please?
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

https://community.ui.com/questions/Benefit-of-40Mhz-vs-20Mhz/8a0206c3-e3e0-4cd5-9672-3d16d4995b8d

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos