Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Work VPN speeds today unusable

I currently have a ticket regarding my general BB speed that has not been looked at so not getting my hopes up for this one.... But on the upside my normal BB speeds currently are actually closer to where they should be for the first time in around two weeks.

Anywho, I am a system Admin for Zen Internet working from home. We use Fortinet to connect to Zen HQ over VPN using the Fortinet client

Currently, I and some other people that are also on virgin ( we do not use our free employee connection because BT FTTC speeds would be shocking), when connected to the VPN are getting 1Mb per second download speeds. Upload speeds are unaffected.

I have logged on to the VPN firewall in the office and it is not even close to 40% capacity. I also have connected to our old Pulse secure VPN box which is no longer in use but sat there available "just in case" When I connect using the pulse secure vpn, download speeds are also 1Mbps.

Has Virgin started doing some funky traffic shaping that puts these VPN connections to the back of the queue?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Work VPN speeds today unusable

Hmm cannot edit a post that I can see.

As an aside, this slowdown only seems be affecting IPSec/L2TP VPN connections. OpenVPN VPN connections are not affected.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This ticket can be closed / locked. I have since spoken to the enterprise faults team who fixed the issue in ten minutes.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Judgedredd73 wrote:
This ticket can be closed / locked. I have since spoken to the enterprise faults team who fixed the issue in ten minutes.

What was the issue?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have yet to be sent that information.
0 Kudos