cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wired connection

Clive14p
On our wavelength

Hope someone can help I am enthernet cables from my Router to my PC only 2foot apart, I am getting 1145mbps to my router by only getting 245 to 300 mbps to my pc, this only just started happening, done virus checks maleware checks nothing detected, changed enternet cable cat 6 still the same, has anyo0ne had this problem, any sujestions how to get my top speeds back to my pc. One other thing useing Chrome checked updates, this is also happening with Microsoft Edge

23 REPLIES 23

Did this PC by any chance not have the ethernet port in use for a while, as in did you start to use it recently and then the issue started? I once had similar on a machine and it turned out the ethernet port at the back of the PC had a fair amount of dust which resulted in poor contact with the ethernet cable.

Yes is been in the port for a while before it started happening, it was working fine then started happening all of a suden

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What happened when doing the speedtest as I suggested ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Sorry forgot to put that I had 1145 mpbs to the hub 295 mpbs hard wired from hub to pc and 325 mpbs wireless not bad speeds and they are roughly the same every time do a test. but was getting before 945 plus mpbs