cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wired connection

Clive14p
On our wavelength

Hope someone can help I am enthernet cables from my Router to my PC only 2foot apart, I am getting 1145mbps to my router by only getting 245 to 300 mbps to my pc, this only just started happening, done virus checks maleware checks nothing detected, changed enternet cable cat 6 still the same, has anyo0ne had this problem, any sujestions how to get my top speeds back to my pc. One other thing useing Chrome checked updates, this is also happening with Microsoft Edge

23 REPLIES 23

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ru the FULL tests on www.samknows.com/realspeed

Post the results here please.

Also speed tests in Windows should be done by using “Safe Mode with Networking Support”

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Clive14p
On our wavelength

Screenshot (35).png

carl_pearce
Community elder

Please try in safe mode with networking to ensure no software issues:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-10-in-safe-mode-with-networking/

Screenshot (36).png

That's definitely in safe mode?

Windows usually looks a little different when in this mode.

You may have a faulty HUB.

Oh Ok thank you how did you get to that conclusion, I just phone Virgin to get a replacement, thank you for your help

You said windows usually looks a little differen I am using windows 10 home is that why ? 

I meant when Windows is in safe mode it looks different. Both screenshots looked the same, although I did notice the audio was disabled!

Since you are getting full speed to the HUB over the VM network I can only conclude there is a fault within the HUB itself.

Is there another wired device you could try?

ok thank you for your time and input will give them a call

You could try a full reset, however this restores factory defaults on the HUB.