Menu
TDR250
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Wired Broadband running at circa 20-30Mbps

My Virgin broadband speed has been going slower and slower, according to Thinkbroadband.com it can be as slow as 5Mbps and today according to the Virgin speed checker:

https://www.speedtest.net/result/9540152449

It is running at 26Mbps whereas your min service requirement for a 100Mbps service is  50Mbps.

Since you no longer have a phone number to ring to report the fault and whilst your website gives a link to book an engineer when you follow the link it takes you to a page giving hints as how to improve Wi-Fi and equally when you follow the link for help with a wired connection it just takes you to the same Wi-Fi page.

So how do I get this sorted? 

If this conversation gets me nowhere it may be best for me to can cancel the service altogether...

0 Kudos
wootlebug
Settling in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wired Broadband running at circa 20-30Mbps

This is the same problem I'm getting.

Right now I can only dream of getting 5mps

0 Kudos
TDR250
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wired Broadband running at circa 20-30Mbps

I eventually found this:

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone

I phoned and made one small mistake, I should  have said that this is my second report as it seems that expect you to complain more than once before they will take any action...  I will phone them again next week.

0 Kudos