Menu
KatieVad79
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Will new hub improve broadband

We are currently on an M100 speed connection but have a very old hub (hasn’t been upgraded since we first signed up to virgin 8 years ago!) what we want it know is firstly how do we get a new hub installed and secondly will this improve our speed and connection as at present it isn’t enough for my husband to be emailing on and me to teach via zoom at the same time. Many thanks 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Will new hub improve broadband

What speeds do you get at >>  SamKnows << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better ethernet cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

Then immediately after …

Can you Login to the Hub Settings and navigate to the Connected Devices page - what is the reported 'connection speed’ for the ethernet cable connected device you used for the speed test ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
KatieVad79
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Will new hub improve broadband

Thank you, I’m not currently at home so once I ami will try the meter to test our real speed

0 Kudos