forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
M4thj
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wifi speed

Hi there

Hoping you can help. I’m having some issues with my wifi speed. When running a speed test, it’s showing I’m ranging anywhere between 150 and 195 download speed but we aren’t seeing the benefit on our devices (freezing / buffering etc). Even when we are in the same room as the hub itself, it’s not much better.

Any thoughts / advice?

Thanks

Matt

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi speed

Have you tried a factory reset? Hold in the pinhole at the rear of the router for at least 50 seconds and then release (the lights will flash while holding in the pinhole reset button after about 10-15 seconds) then allow 5 minutes for the router to reboot and re-sync the connection.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
M4thj
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes I did try that, last night I completely switched everything off but hasn’t made much of a difference. Coincidentally, the virgin app is saying it can’t find my hub 3 even though the internet is working, but is just slow

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Switching it off and factory reset are to entirely different things 🙂

Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos