Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Wifi speed slow for 2 weeks

Hello, 

My wifi speed has been between 0.3-37mps for the past 2 weeks meaning as a house hold working from home is seemingly impossible with any online calls crashing or not being able to connect full stop, plus even searching the internet has been slow. 
We have followed all online guidance in regard to moving the hub to its “happy place”, we have reset the device, used the virgin connection app and nothing has helped. We have a week at least that has been recorded on Speedtest.net to prove these issues, and to prove that our speed is less than half of the advertised speed in which we are paying for. We were wondering if we could get help to improve / fix this issue. 

Olivia.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi speed slow for 2 weeks

Which Hub do you have ?

What is your contracted speed ?

………………………………………………………………………..

What speeds do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi speed slow for 2 weeks

Hi,

I have a hub 3 with the M100 speed. 

The maximum I have recently been able to attain is about 40 mps on Speedtest.net in regard to my download speed which obviously is less than half of the advertised speed. 

0 Kudos