Menu
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 11 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi problems again

Hi davef1uk, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have continued to have trouble with your connection. 

I can see there was an issues with FECS (noise on the line) this has now been resolved. 

How are things looking for you now. If you a re still having trouble let us know and we will take another look for you. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
davef1uk
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 36
Flag for a moderator

I possitioned my hub in a better place too last night, so will see how it goes.  Used the speed checker Virgin recommend and download was 8 Mbps and upload 0.2Mbps . 

Thank you . 

No internet, try unplug and wait 10 seconds for the miracle to happen!
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 13 of 36
Flag for a moderator

@davef1uk wrote:

I possitioned my hub in a better place too last night, so will see how it goes.  Used the speed checker Virgin recommend and download was 8 Mbps and upload 0.2Mbps .

Did you disable "channel optimisation" and rename the SSID's of the 2 networks, in the Hub3 settings?  If you haven't - try it - it helps sort a lot of wifi problems.  My iDevices work far better when I put them onto the 5GHz network only.  If that doesnt help then maybe you should consider biting the bullet and putting the Hub3 into modem mode and connecting your own wifi router (or access point).  Perhaps "borrow" one of someone for an afternoon to see how that performs.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
davef1uk
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Done all that. But made no difference. WIFi if better but still get time outs and page load failed, check network etc.  

0 Kudos
davef1uk
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 36
Flag for a moderator

I am concerned that my new neighbour who has gone with Virgin also, that my cables may of been splice which has resulted in my poor connection and issues .  

Never I hear you say, but this was actually done a few years ago when a repull was booked in and the sub contractor spliced.  

It gives you no confidence as prices rise but quality and assurance things are done right is low or doubting . 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 16 of 36
Flag for a moderator

They did that to my mate a few months ago he has got them back in to change it.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
davef1uk
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 36
Flag for a moderator

I noticed 2 months ago the green paint over my footpath that my cable enters, I will certainly be cancelling my time with Virgin if I find they have spliced AGAIN into my cable.  

0 Kudos
davef1uk
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 36
Flag for a moderator

WiFi is still bad . Even latency issues on ethernet.  IMG_20190223_190914-744x670.jpgThis week's test

IMG_20190223_191216-802x744.jpgLast week's test

IMG_20190223_192238-947x580.jpgOur sky q won't connect.

Screenshot_20190223_191444_com.android.vending.jpgUsual message we get. Trying on mobile device.

Screenshot_20190223_190127_org.zwanoo.android.speedtest.jpgSpeed tests are crazy for 200mbps

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 19 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hello davef1uk,

Sorry to hear and see of this. 

How's the broadband been since posting? Also can you try a wired speedtest for me at speedtest.net to see if the speed issue is a wireless one or broadband? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
davef1uk
On our wavelength
Message 20 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Getting the odd spike on wired. Ping test 25ms going to 129 then 50 then 30ms and stays for a while then spikes again . 

We can't actually connect sometimes to our WiFi then when we do it takes refresh after refresh with the above issues . 

0 Kudos