Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

WiFi poor quality

For months now my WiFi has been up and down, before and after lockdown , even when we have had devices right next to our hub 3.0, I have been paying for 200mb but it rarely if ever actually reaches that speed, usually sits below 100 even sometimes just turns off on all devices. Due to virgin customer service being very poor and bouncing me around different people for weeks, I’m really stumped as to what to do. The WiFi really struggles to connect to the bed rooms as well upstairs, we can barely load Netflix or sometimes even safari on our phones and iPad. Xbox’s are troubling as well with my family complaining for weeks that they can’t connect or the WiFi quality is poor and after doing loads of tests on our phones and Xbox’s the download speed is about 60mb on them which is a major drop again from what we were promised. Just looking to see if anyone has any help or support for us.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi poor quality

What speed do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 or better cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos