Menu
RC666
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

WiFi only works in 1 room

I have been a virgin customer for many years. Only recently my WiFi has deteriorated in my upstairs bedroom. My hub is down stairs in an open area. Why has it deteriorated recently I never had issues before like this and seriously considering leaving for another provider. Any ideas welcome?

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi only works in 1 room

Could be a number of things including more people on the airwaves or local interference.

Have you tried a factory reset? Hold in the pinhole at the rear of the router for at least 50 seconds and then release (the lights will flash while holding in the pinhole reset button after about 10-15 seconds) then allow 5 minutes for the router to reboot and re-sync the connection.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
RC666
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have just completed the factory reset but, will not know if worked until tomorrow. Reason being my security camera situated upstairs relies on WiFi and intermittently records now which is not ideal. I shall wait and see. Thanks I will update tomorrow.

0 Kudos
RC666
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Update - my security camera upstairs has been connected all day so I hope it remains that way. 🤞