Menu
Norfy123
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

WiFi dropouts and sometimes slow speeds

Hi, 

Over the last 3-4 weeks I have been experiencing daily WiFi dropouts and sometimes slow speed issues during the day, even though these don't last long but it is enough to disrupt conference calling, timely searching/ordering and gaming (two teenage sons).

I am on the M350 fibre full house package and pay £88 per month, which as you can understand is definitely not value for money at the moment.

Grateful if you could look to resolve this issue and also re-assess payments for this period.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi dropouts and sometimes slow speeds

Do wired speeds also drop?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Norfy123
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I don't have wired speeds

0 Kudos
Flying_Squad
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This has been happening to me as well. Just attempted to call and there’s a recorded message stating that “Customers in the South East are experiencing issues with Broadband at the moment”. Would be nice if the website checks told us this.  

Let’s hope we don’t have another New Malden nightmare on our hands. Can’t video conference with 0.12mb download speeds! 

Flying_Squad
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Further update: managed to speak to someone and they told me there is a “short term issue” that will be “resolved imminently”. Unfortunately unable to provide any more detail than that. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wireless speeds are not guaranteed or covered.

Do you not have a wired device you can test your speed and connection with?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Norfy123
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It's more the sudden dropout/slow connection for a few seconds that's my main issue, don't know why it's 'fine' for 90% of the time and then drops out/slows but I'll wire something up and check

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Because WiFi isn’t a guaranteed form of connectivity and not covered under any speed guarantees.