Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

WiFi booster

Hi my WiFi is really slow I have a WiFi booster I have done all what the instructions to set up with and it still won’t connect its just giving me both networks to connect to 1 the hub and all the booster WiFi network I want it all working on 1hub  how do I do this 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: WiFi booster

Hi,

I am basing all of this on the assumption you mean one of the VM provided and branded powerline boosters.On the second part of the booster (the larger one) there should be an address (http://virginmedia-vmp) and the password to login to the boosters settings make sure you're connected to the booster when doing this but within range of the Hub Wifi also, you can then change the name and password of the access point of the booster.

Hope this helps
Jake
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Virgin Media Field Technician. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field or my personal experiences with my own set up at home. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Want to save £50 off your bill by referring a friend? Send me a PM and I'll let you know how!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for getting back to me I have tried doing all of that  resetting it all and the virgin media connect app is showing a yellow triangle on the WiFi booster atm everything is connected to the hub I’m not sure what to do if I was to call virgin media would someone come out to do it for me 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi again,

Unfortunately currently due to social distancing rules we are not even installing boosters in the field and so its highly unlikely that a technician will be sent  to work on a booster.

Hope this helps
Jake
I am a Virgin Media Field Technician. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field or my personal experiences with my own set up at home. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.
Want to save £50 off your bill by referring a friend? Send me a PM and I'll let you know how!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos