Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

WiFi blackspot

Hi , how do I get in touch with someone from virgin media customer support ? I’ve tried phone , text service , FB messenger and tried on the website but it’s proving impossible! I’ve zero WiFi signal in my spare room upstairs as it’s quite far from the router ... I’m definitely over due a router upgrade as I’ve got the hub 2 and I’m after a free WiFi booster for upstairs as I’m sure virgin should offer a guarantee of WiFi all around the home like BT do?? Thanks 😊 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: WiFi blackspot

and I’m after a free WiFi booster for upstairs as I’m sure virgin should offer a guarantee of WiFi all around the home like BT do?

Maybe they should, but as a matter of fact they don't. 

Your main options are to buy your own wifi booster (or better still a mesh wifi setup), or take your business to an ISP who do offer whole home wifi guarantees.  Note that those guarantees aren't for higher speeds, but they're still more than VM offer.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

BT does not guarantee wifi everywhere.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just read that they do ? 🤔

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Near enough they do, but to invoke it you need to have really low wifi speeds.  I'm sure (in fact I know) @apcyberax can quote the exact terms as soon as he's out of his spandex spidey suit.  Meanwhile, here at Old Goat Towers, I'm in the camp of "buy your own wifi gear", and I'll put in my usual recommendation for the system I use (TP-Link Deco M4) and my usual caveat that there's plenty of other mesh systems to choose from.  Just avoid anything that doesn't have gigabit ethernet ports on the mesh units.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If they can guarantee it why do they need to over a one-off credit? Not a guarantee if they have to pay you off. Plus if you were getting 10mbps wireless (or 3mbps) you'd still be moaning 

Complete Wi-Fi guarantee:

96% UK availability. BT sends additional discs to guarantee at least 10 Mbps in every room of your home. Sky send one additional disc and guarantee 3 Mbps or money back. No other provider offers a faster Wi-Fi Speed Guarantee than BT. To verify e-mail fibre@bt.com.  We’ll send you up-to three discs to ensure a strong signal of at least 10Mbps in every room of your home. If you still can’t get a strong signal we’ll give you a one-off credit of £100 off your next BT bill. The guarantee only applies when your Smart Hub2 is connected to the internet and it does not cover broadband faults. For full terms see bt.com/legalstuff.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Will look in to that thanks 🙏🏼 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@apcyberaxIf they can guarantee it why do they need to over a one-off credit?

Big deal.  It's a buy out, or stop-loss.  Would still buy a credible mesh wifi system, and that's more than VM are offering.

But here's a thought for you:  VM now only offer boosters with the Hub 4.  Now WHY would they feel the need to offer free boosters with their latest hub?  Unless they recognise it's a POS?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

the hubs are a pile of crap. But VM do not advertise guaranteed wifi coverage with the small print to say they can't guarantee it.