Menu
David4
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Why is my broadband speed so slow?

I am getting very slow speeds - download 15.35, upload 20.87 and ping 13. Virgin reckon I should be getting up to 200 mbps but this is nowhere near it. I use an ethernet connection to the hub so why is so slow!!

Also how do I contact Virgin about this as there doesn't seem an obvious way?

Thanks, David

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Why is my broadband speed so slow?

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log tabs onto here, if you get a yellow warning click the Post button again.

A Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
David4
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried the speed test again with my laptop directly connected to the router and it was much quicker so clearly the issue is my ancient PC!

Thanks again,

David

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Is the PC connecting with Wi-Fi or ethernet ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos