Menu
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Why has Virgin downgraded all the speeds in my borough?

Been some work going on in the past week and now it seems that a lot of people in my area had the M350 and max M500 packages available to them.

After checking my account, it’s now only the 200mb speeds and a lot of surrounding postcodes to that can’t go higher...What’s changed?

Are we going backwards and not in the future?

——————————————— My Broadband Ping - Virgin 200mb Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why has Virgin downgraded all the speeds in my borough?

What is your contracted speed ?

What speed do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

Hub 2 & 3 When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Hub 4 When the page appears LOG IN then click ‘Check Router Status’.

Copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream, Configuration and Network Log tabs onto here, if you get a yellow / straw box warning click the Post button again. Use one post for each tab if you wish. Please do not use screen grabs.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I’m on the M200 which I’m hitting near enough, wonder virgin has decided to remove higher speed packages for a lot of people in my area if they wanted a higher upgrade package.

There are no offers in my account now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

They might have removed the upgrade offers and new offers because of the extra loads due to Covid and WFH.

Do you know of anyone that has had their speeds reduced without actually asking for the downgrade ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like what they keep doing to my area - goes from 500 to 350 and back - I guess it's to do with capacity. They took 350 off my area for a year and only gave 200 and then when it came back and they had 500 it worked fine for about 6 months - we have had some evening congestion and it's gone back to 350 again so I can only assume it's because of that.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That could be one reason I suppose to remove the higher speed packages for coping with demand, there’s only 2 others on my estate that have it, no idea what speeds they’re on.

0 Kudos