Menu
Samuel80
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Why I’m a getting 94.6mbps

I subscribed for 200mbps download speed and I want to believe I am been charged for this service. I noticed my streaming keeps freezing and buffering every 3 seconds for weeks now. Each time I contact virgin media, whoever I speak with tells my services are in order. I just thought to download the internet speed test - finer test on my device just to ascertain my speed level. I did this so many times and the highest I got was 94.6mbps. I was shocked and this virgin media keeps telling me my services are in order. I have been on Twitter to complain about this issue. Someone responded to me and directed me here to get help. Pleaseeee, I need someone to sort this out ASAP.  This is unacceptable and cheating for all I care. I look forward to a quick response and a resolution.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Samuel80
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why I’m a getting 94.6mbps

Image attached 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How are you doing the speed test? On a wired connection or wifi?

That speed is suspicious - as it may be because it is limited by using an old cat5 ethernet cable of a newer Cat5e/6/7 one that has failed. So swap it for a new Cat6 one. Also check the device has a 1GB network card and not a 10/100 one that will only ever get ~100. Also that the card has not been limited to 10/100 in its settings.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Samuel80
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi John, thanks for the advise. Yes, the test is done on a wired connection. I’m shocked no member of staff from VM has said anything regarding my query ?? 

Pathetic! 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This is a community users forum. VM staff let the users help where they can to sort issues - if they are still outstanding after a few days the VM staff will intervene. You will have to wait for a VM person to respond - it's just how this board works.

However, when one gets here, they will be able to double check that you are indeed on the 200 service and whether there are any issues on your connection. If there are none showing you will just be asked to go through the same troubleshooting procedures the users on here could recommend.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

And I suspect another reason they haven't seen any need to contribute is the excellent advice that you're getting from @jbrennand 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Samuel80

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Your speed is indeed correct as per the package, what device are you running the speedtest from? Have you ran one via speedtest.net

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos