Menu
raginipaul24
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Whats the best way to get a more consistent internet speed?

Virgin's internet speeds can be great but at the moment they're very inconsistent for me. I just want consistent, great internet that works. I think considering I'm paying over 40 pound for that that's a fair request.

What's the best way to deal with their customer service? They're just so stubborn and talk in circles.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Whats the best way to get a more consistent internet speed?

VM's customer service is sometimes fourth rate.  Let's see if we can diagnose any obvious faults:

You don't describe how you're connecting to the hub, how you're measuring speeds, whether you've done any fault finding, wifi changes etc?

In addition to those connect to the hub by clicking on this link http://192.168.0.1/  That should pull up the log in page for the hub.  But don't log in, just click on the link "Check router status"  That'll bring up a window with five tabs.  All we need is the contents of the three titled Downstream, Upstream, Network log, and you need to post as text, not screenshots.  So open the Downstream tab.  Select all the text (Ctrl-A if using a keyboard), copy it (Ctrl-C), then paste it (Ctrl-V) into a reply here.  Post that, do the same for the Upstream and Network log.  You'll get an error message when you post the Network log, just click on "post" a second time.

Then somebody will take a look and comment.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos