Menu
stunley
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

What package am I on?

Having signed up in 2016 and paying £56 (£55.98) a month (broadband only) I'm only getting speeds of 80Mbps (down) and 20Mbps (down).

There's a notice on my account page (that I haven't logged in to in an age) about a 'speed boost is complete!' to 200Mbps apparently (it's not).

Looking at the Broadband packages, £56 a month should be 'M350' and getting speeds of over 4 times as fast.

As I'm paperless, the info on the website is minimal, and I can't find for sure what package I'm on.

Any help from community members would be appreciated. Ta!

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: What package am I on?

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Copy and paste the contents of the Configuration tab onto here, if you get a yellow warning click the Post button again.

80Mbs is indicative of either an ethernet cable that isn't up to spec - it needs to be Cat 5E or Cat 6.

Or

The Network Interface Card (NIC) is at 10/100 speed.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
stunley
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Network access
Allowed
Maximum Number of CPEs
Baseline Privacy
Enabled
DOCSIS Mode
Docsis30
Config file
cmreg-vmdg505-rtsxl20016u-b.cm

Primary Downstream Service Flow

SFID460828
Max Traffic Rate230000061
Max Traffic Burst42600
Min Traffic Rate0

Primary Upstream Service Flow

SFID460827
Max Traffic Rate22000061
Max Traffic Burst42600
Min Traffic Rate0
Max Concatenated Burst42600
Scheduling TypeBestEffort
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You are on the 200Mbs package.

Primary Downstream Service Flow

SFID460828
Max Traffic Rate230000061
Max Traffic Burst42600
Min Traffic Rate0

Primary Upstream Service Flow

SFID460827
Max Traffic Rate22000061
Max Traffic Burst42600
Min Traffic Rate0
Max Concatenated Burst42600
Scheduling TypeBestEffort

Do you have a decent laptop and a new Cat 5E / 6 cable that you can do speed tests with.

Wi-Fi is not an accurate way of testing.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
stunley
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the heads up. I had it plugged into a router for Wifi (and then to PC);  without the router, the speed is 200Mbps—'M200' speeds.

However, I can't find any info on my account about when I upgraded the contract (or in any emails), so I'm still unsure what I should be paying for and for how long.

0 Kudos
stunley
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

To clarify, the PC is connected via CAT 5E.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Can you can confirm what the connection speed is showing as on your PC?

1Gbps?

100Mbps?

0 Kudos
stunley
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It's a gigabit card.

MikeRobbo had already flagged up the slowdon was the old router and speeds are back to 200Mbps ().

Now I'm just trying to figure out what the bill disparity between the advertised price of £50 a month on the website (after end of contract) and the £58.98 I'm paying. I can't see why the price should be higher after the contract ends, when there's been no offer to renew the contract.

0 Kudos
stunley
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Perhaps I should post this in a different sub forum?

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Have you got a TV package, telephone or Wi-Fi booster from VM ?

0 Kudos