Menu
olitod
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What is going on in area code 31?

Don't know where to ask this, over the phone assitance are no help.

I've been told virgin broadband has been oversold in our area, so the broadband connection in our home has been unusably slow for work for 2 weeks now. An engineer had come round to look at the issue and said it is planned to be fixed by the 20th January by installing extra nodes in the area.

This is still ongoing.

What's going on? Is there somewhere I can track this scheduled maintenance? I don't want to be paying for broadband I can't even use after Virgin oversold.

0 Kudos
scottr1
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: What is going on in area code 31?

Hi,im also in area code 31 and been on the fone to them for 4hrs and the said that the fix date will be the 25/01/2021,hope this helps

0 Kudos
olitod
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the reply. lets hope, but i would not be surprised if the issues continue well past this date

0 Kudos
drbrainsol
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Area code 31 = the St Albans area I assume.

I have been having serious issues as well. No response from VM in my case. They like to keep this problem very quiet. I have already ordered another broadband package from a competitor as I am not hopeful at all this will be fixed. From what I have seen on the forum, they keep pushing the deadlines they give for fixing capacity issues. 

0 Kudos
Peter_JS
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Also having chronic problems with area code 31; I'm north west of Cambridge.

Long standing Virgin Media customer and I'm tired of over-subscription and and poor Virgin Media performance. I'm out of contract and looking around. Its £50 to get a BT socket installed. I can get 60Mbps DL and 8Mbps UL for £24/month from plusnet.

During the working day I cannot get above 1Mbps and above 30Mbps DL, so why am I facing a price hike??

Shocking latency performance, look at this graph. This evening my son got fed up trying to play on the PS4. You can see the packet loss. Total traffic into/out of the house at that time was < 15Mbps DL and < 0.5Mbps UL !! I am paying for 100Mbps DL and 10 Mbps UL.

I've had enough.

VM_fail_29_01_2021.png

Collegue at work showed me his vDSL TBB graph (plusnet) and its incredible. half the minimum latency and worst case latency of 30ms!

I'll post and let you know how I get on...

Peter

PS: edited to fix typos...

0 Kudos
Josh90b
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Same area code. Very slow again since the 25th for me.

0 Kudos