Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Website gig1 makes no sense

2D0811E4-926D-4B4B-B861-5C7FC5B6EB3D.png

When I put in my postcode I get this it used to say 500 but does this mean now 1gb is in my area ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Website gig1 makes no sense

Hello

It certainly does, you can also check at https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/gig1-gigabit-broadband at the bottom of the page it shows the areas that have 1gbps and each area us sub divided.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It doesn’t show me 1gb just 600 I wonder if the 500mb has been upgraded to 600 but they can’t show that on the website, it states Wigan under Liverpool for some reason surely it should be under greater Manchester ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Yes the standalone 500mb was upgraded to 600mb, the connections that VM use are not necessary the same as you region, it will all depend on the headend that your local area is connected to Liverpool is closer by a couple of miles.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So I presume the website needs Changing to 600mb then 1gb then I wouldn’t have the 1gb ticked, as it doesn’t look available at my postcode come on vm make the website more user friendly 

0 Kudos