Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Weak signal

Hello!I have Virgin Media for like 9 months and every time on it a cloudy outside or raining i have weak signal on internet or i don t have at all!Can you please tell me why this is happen all the time?Even today i was calling at Virgin Media i wait 30 min but in this time the signal come back.Next year we should pay double for the internet and tv but if this is happen all the time why should i keep Virgin Media.Thank you 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: Weak signal

Is this happening on an ethernet cable connected computer/laptop or just on wifi connected ones ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hei!It s happen on wifi signal from the Hub.Even now i restarted the Hub 3 times because i don t have internet at all.Thank you

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 27
Flag for a moderator

What i want to say it s not the first time when this is happen.We don t have Wifi signal on 1 2 phones plus the tv s.which are connect always.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Call it in on 150 (VM Phone) or 0345 454 1111 or (any other phone) when you should get through to the people who can help you sort it. Calling at 08.00 midweek -- is the best time - although people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits so try now (took 20’ for me last Wednesday afternoon but may be up to an hour).

You can also text them on 07533 051809 - include your account name/number and what the issue is – replies may take longer (days)

A VM person should pick this up here and respond, but it can take several days for them to get here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi Leonard2930,

Welcome to our to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you've been having issues with our internet services, we understand the frustration caused especially as its affecting your Wi-Fi service.

As its been a short while since your last post have you managed to speak to a member of our team regarding this issue? 

Are the issues still ongoing when you get bad weather? 

Please let us know regarding the above and we can assist you further.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hello!Yes the problem is the same and i didn t manage to speak with someone from the team every time when i call is busy and long long time to wait.every time when is raining the wifi signal is down .in January we need to pay double .but in this case if it s not solved it s not point to pay double .What can i do?Thank you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Leonard2930

Welcome back - I am sorry that you're still having issues. I was able to locate your account from your forum information and can see that we've not heard from you since our posts. I see that your Hub hasn't been rebooted for around a week; how have things been since the last reboot? 

We have no known area issues listed and no errors showing. All signal levels are where we would expect them to be for your package and equipment. 

I can see that some of your devices are too far away from the Hub and as such are causing some connection issues. Once device is advising that it is on the incorrect frequency for the type of equipment it is - you may find it happier on a 5GHz frequency instead.  The difference between the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wireless bands is speed and range.

Basically, the 2.4Ghz band is able to reach further, giving you better signal further from the Hub, but the 5Ghz band offers much higher speeds at a lower range or distance away from the hub. As your Hub transmits both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, you will see no distinction between the two as they'll both have the same WiFi name, but your device will connect to the best band based on distance from the Hub. For example, as you move further away from your Hub, your device will automatically change to 2.4Ghz if it was on the 5Ghz band. You don't need to do anything to change it. If you want high speed WiFi, you need to move closer to your Hub as your device will automatically reconnect to the 5Ghz band.

Other than that, your connection to the broadband is fine with no issues showing - if you're still having issues after a reboot and after checking through your devices and connections, pop back and let us know and we can go through some further checks with you. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hello!i reboot the hub and is the same .last night i had the same problem.and i been right next to the hub.so i wasn t at distance .and the tv is next to the hub and is the same problem.every time when is raining or cloudy the same problem.i stay 30 min to have good conection last night.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 27
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @Leonard2930

Sorry to hear your WiFi issues are ongoing.  Do you know for sure if it is WiFi only that is impacted or is the whole internet signal poor/weak?  

Regards

Lee_R 

0 Kudos