cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Way)Below Average Speed for 2-3 Weeks Now

TheDownyy
Tuning in

I've held off from posting because I haven't had any issues this bad until now.

The advertised 1gig internet with averages around 1150 MB isn't legit. I've been struggling to reach 1gig for about 2-3 weeks now, and I've only noticed that because I'm actively checking. I would go as far as to say; I rarely get those speeds.

Over the past 2-3 weeks, I've noticed that my download speeds are so volatile, with packet loss frequently accruing too, which causes issues streaming, playing games, etc. There is one person(me) using the internet with that connection being wired straight from the HUB to my PC.

I want to my advertised "Average" speed...

Speeds seem to prop up when its through the virgin media website tho... WERID!Test 1 @23_30 on 19th.pngTest 2 @23_30 on 19th.pngTest 3 @23_30 on 19th.pngTest 4.pngTest 5.pngTest 6.png

6 REPLIES 6

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page.

Post the power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and network log from the Hub. Also setup a BQM to monitor your circuit www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Do a direct wired speed test www.samknows.com/realspeed and post the results.

Once done we can comment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Downstream 2.pngStatus.pngUpstream.pngDownstream 1.pngTest 8.png

Client62
Legend

The DOCSIS 3.1 Downstream channel is not connected, suggesting a service fault.

Was a local fault reported on 0800 561 0061 ?

I’ve rang the number and there are no reported faults, they ran test through the automated phone line and it’s came up as nothing wrong. 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try a 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible. NOTE this will remove any custom settings you may have set in the Hub, and they will all have to be setup again.

Check the DOCIS 3.1 channel afterwards and also the Samknows speed test.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey TheDownyy,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your connection over the last few weeks, have you tried to the advice from Adduxi, to try and resolve your issues?

If you have and are still having issues, please let us know and we can look into this further for you from here.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L