Menu
Mushtaq12
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

WIFI keeping dropping and device unable connect on first floor where we never had WIFi connection issue

My router is about 5 years old and my WIFi started to drop off couple of months ago and for last two weeks, the WIFI drop offs got worse and with a new problem; I am no longer able to connect devices on first floor of the house, where we never had any connection issues before.

Yesterday, I rang the Virgin Media several times about the problem and each time, I was asked to restart the router and other times, they would send test signals or remotely restated the router but none of above-mentioned restarts worked and our suffering is continuing.

I even rang Virgin media Cancellation team so I could find out an early exit contract charges in view to cancel. At the cancellation, I was told as the router was pretty old, the replacing the router would resolve my WIFI issues so cancellation wasn’t necessary. But to send out a replacement router, they needed to first get an authorisation from their manager and once they have spoken with their manager they would call back, but I never heard from him again. In my experience, Virgin media has one of the worse customer service and highly incompetent. I would not recommend Virgin Media to any of my friends and family. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: WIFI keeping dropping and device unable connect on first floor where we never had WIFi connection iss

What Hub model do you have (printed on its base sticker)?

What is the "new problem" that appeared in the last two weeks?

Are the issues only on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Mushtaq12
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: WIFI keeping dropping and device unable connect on first floor where we never had WIFi connection iss

Hi and thanks for the message. The issue is solely with WIFI connected devices. Regards 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Have you tested that on an ethernet connection at the same time - or do you mean you only use wifi devices?

Hub model?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: WIFI keeping dropping and device unable connect on first floor where we never had WIFi connec...

Hi @Mushtaq12

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

I can see all of your hubs levels are within specification although i'm reading that your WiFi network is very busy. Do you have many devices connected?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos