Menu
enzostrano
Joining in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

WHEN RAINY OR WET Jitter and Ping goes too high making the connection awful !!

So, basically i noticed that the cable that runs from my wall outside to the street is all over the place and easy to trip on it for someone.
Now, the cable is ALWAYS exposed to the weather.

Thats not good. Im based in Turnpike Lane, Harringay N15 London
I have a 350mb contract and Ive noticed that when is raining (100%) or when it starts to get dark and damp/wet the speeds drops down drastically..

we talking about 50mb sometimes.

Also, the Jitter and Packet Loss is disgusting HIGH! Could also be an interference from a faulty splitter the cables attached to the HUB 3? 

I suppose i must get an engineer to come and rewire, have a look at whats wrong with my fibre asap?

0 Kudos
enzostrano
Joining in
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: WHEN RAINY OR WET Jitter and Ping goes too high making the connection awful !!

[MOD EDIT: Image removed as contained personal info]

and this is what happensand this is what happens

0 Kudos
enzostrano
Joining in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: WHEN RAINY OR WET Jitter and Ping goes too high making the connection awful !!

Please help?

0 Kudos
Anankha
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

It’s quite possible there’s a split in the cable which is allowing rain to enter, if you can see any split I suppose you could temporarily wrap some waterproof tape around it to see if speed improves &/or report it as a fault.
You can text VM to do this: 07533051809

0 Kudos
enzostrano
Joining in
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

This is the box outside. (Terrible Job)This is the box outside. (Terrible Job)Massive hole in the wall wich was done very badlyMassive hole in the wall wich was done very badlyAwful job here with all the cables exposed!Awful job here with all the cables exposed!

0 Kudos
Anankha
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

The cable on the right appears to be your phone connection & is terribly exposed, the broadband connection should be inside the brown box (along with the phone connection), you’ll need to have someone return to fix that.

0 Kudos
enzostrano
Joining in
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

thank you for your answer. Whats the best and quickest way to contact VM for them to send someone to rewire and redo the whole box outside in a PROPER & professional way?
0 Kudos
Anankha
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

In the current situation I would say on the text number I posted earlier.

0 Kudos
enzostrano
Joining in
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

07533051809 via WhatsApp ?

0 Kudos
Anankha
Problem sorter
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

No need to use a third party app, just send the text via your phone’s text messaging service.

0 Kudos