cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt upgrade from m500 to Gig1

RapidAmp
Tuning in

Hi all,

apologies if this has been post elsewhere but I have had a search and can’t find what I’m looking for!

I am currently a M500 customer, I am also looking to make the switch to O2 when my mobile contract is up in August. I’m just curious, obviously with the Volt benefits you get from being a customer of both, in theory I’ll be going from M500 to Gig1 (which is available in my area). 

Has anyone had any experience with doing this since Volt began? If so do they send out the updated Super Hub for the new speeds ect?

I’ve even had a search on google for an answer but with no luck! 

Mant thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There are lots of users on this forum who have had the VOLT upgrade done.  It usually takes 14 days after it is setup.

For 1GB Tier you will get a Hub 4.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi RapidAmp, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

Where you are an existing Virgin Media customer, but not yet an O2 customer, you would need to look at changing to a Volt package. To do this speak with an agent who can go through options with you. It is worth noting that whichever speed you choose for your Volt package will be the speed you get as it's already boosted so you wouldn't get another boost once your new O2 SIM is activated. 

If you wish to go up to 1GB, and you don't have a Hub 4 then one will be provided as part of your upgrade however there may be activations charges for this. You can check this with the agent at the time of upgrading. Once you've chosen your Volt package, an O2 SIM will be ordered and sent to you. This will also already include the boosted data. 

Hope that helps answer any queries you may have. 

Thanks. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs