cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt benefits

Danny1985
Joining in

I activated volt through my 02 app about a month ago. The 02 data doubled pretty much straight away  but I am still waiting for my virgin wifi to upgrade from 200 to 350. My partner spoke to to virgin today and they were trying to charge us to upgrade and charge us for the WiFi pods aswell. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
It should have happened by now. What down and up speeds are you getting now?

What VM Hub model have you - on its base sticker. If its an old SH2 ( I still have that one on 200) it cant go to 350 - you would need a Hub3/4/5 to replace it.

If it is one of those try a 60 second pinhole reset of the Hub and see if it changes.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for your reply John. My current download speed is 194 and up is 22. It is the hub 3 that I currently have so I will give the 60 second pinhole reset a blast when I get chance and will update on how it goes. 

This doesn't appear to have worked for me unfortunately. Any further tips/ advice would be appreciated.  Or a number to call where someone is willing to listen rather than try to add more stuff to our package.  Cheers 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
There are a few options.

Firstly call it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate, use options 1,1,4,4, “thinking of leaving” - they usually pick those calls up quickly and the retentions are UK based and tell them you want the package downgrading because you havent been upgraded and you want any extra monies you have been billed in the period refunded.

They will be able to sort it out

Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly at busy/closed times you may get redirected to offshore - hence calling early is best.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks again for your help. I will give them a call tommorow and see if they can get down to the bottom of it. Not feeling optimistic though as I have found their customer service and call centre workers very unhelpful at best. Feel like I should have stayed with sky.Cheers John 

I'm in a similar boat. I should be upgraded to Gig1 fibre via the Volt "benefits". Still nothing and it's been 3 months. I've rang and also told I need to pay to upgrade. I've been quoted 2 different prices, by 2 different agents. They are not honouring the boosts and are being super shady.

Good Afternoon @Danny1985, thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues you've experienced with the Volt benefits on your Virgin Media account.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for your screen for a private message from me.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn