cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt Speed

Andy9871
Joining in

I am currently on the M350 package at a discounted introductory rate for 18 months (only signed up in the last couple of months). I am on both O2 mobile and Virgin media and I got the email about the Volt deal and immediately signed up on O2 and within a couple of days, my data with O2 doubled as expected.

As I've seen from other forum questions, it appears that the Virgin Media staff don't have a clue what the deals are as when I called to increase my broadband speed to the next package (as per the Volt deal), I was told that I'd have to sign up for Volt and I'd lose my introductory rate discount-something which I'm obviously not prepared to do.

Am I not understanding the O2/VM Volt existing customer offer correctly or something?

3 REPLIES 3

carl_pearce
Community elder

@Andy9871 wrote:

I am currently on the M350 package at a discounted introductory rate for 18 months (only signed up in the last couple of months). I am on both O2 mobile and Virgin media and I got the email about the Volt deal and immediately signed up on O2 and within a couple of days, my data with O2 doubled as expected.

As I've seen from other forum questions, it appears that the Virgin Media staff don't have a clue what the deals are as when I called to increase my broadband speed to the next package (as per the Volt deal), I was told that I'd have to sign up for Volt and I'd lose my introductory rate discount-something which I'm obviously not prepared to do.

Am I not understanding the O2/VM Volt existing customer offer correctly or something?

https://assets.virginmedia.com/resources/pdf/J957_VM_T&Cs_October_2021_V5.pdf

ANNEX A
‘VOLT’
PROMOTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR
VIRGIN MEDIA SERVICES

A. What is “Volt” and how can you get the benefits?

3. If you are a new Virgin Media broadband customer, the Volt benefits for
your Virgin Media services will be applied to your Virgin Media account
from your Virgin Media service start date. If you are an existing Virgin
Media broadband customer, the Volt benefits for your Virgin Media
services will be applied up to 14 days following your O2 Pay Monthly
Mobile Plan order. If you are an existing Virgin Media broadband
customer who already has an eligible O2 Pay Monthly Mobile Plan,
you will need to visit your MyO2 online account to place an order to
unlock the Volt benefits for both your Virgin Media and O2 services,
which will be unlocked within 14 days of you doing so.

Andy9871
Joining in

As it happens, my broadband package was upgraded automatically not long after I sent this question. It was slightly after the 14 days so if anyone else is in the same situation, I'd say be patient and it should switch over without contacting VM.

Thanks for your post and update, Andy9871,

Glad to hear your package was upgraded.

Cheers,

Corey C