cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt Speed Update

titchell
On our wavelength

Volt benefits pushed broadband from M125 to M250 but since the upgrade I struggle to get download speeds above 10Mbps.  I have tried everything including full reset of modem.  Online help want to send an engineer out? Upload speed is fine....

What is going on?

Screenshot_20230604-204249.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Guess VM can't get out of this if the hub is not getting the speed.

---------------------------------------------------------------

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Client62
Legend

As a I'm placing this post, your image is not visible.

First call 0800 561 0061 - use the automated service to see if there is a local service issue.
Speed test the service to a Router mode Hub(3/4/5) + your device with the link below.
https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Once the test begins click on: Run full test to see all the stats.

The speed at the Hub should reflect your subscription.
The speed any WiFi device draws data at is limited by its data needs and technical abilities.

Share the results for the Hub and device for discussion.

titchell
On our wavelength

This is with wired or WiFi connection, two different laptops and mobile phone (WiFi only).  Everything was fine at M125 before Volt upgrade.  Are there specific test that I can run that will provide useful info?

I have done a full reset on the modem as well

@titchell wrote:

This is with wired or WiFi connection, two different laptops and mobile phone (WiFi only).  Everything was fine at M125 before Volt upgrade.  Are there specific test that I can run that will provide useful info?

The link in the previous post.

Screenshot 2023-06-04 234939.png

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Guess VM can't get out of this if the hub is not getting the speed.

---------------------------------------------------------------

titchell
On our wavelength

Better this morning but still nowhere near M250 advertised speeds

Screenshot 2023-06-05 074021.png

titchell
On our wavelength

And after work...... who do I report this to?

Screenshot 2023-06-05 172134.png

Client62
Legend

Good job posting the Realspeed results, Virgin Media also use the same test so these figures leave no wriggle room for accepting the outcome.

The most recent is very poor indeed, so much so that I'd suspect local homes served from the same street cabinet are suffering an equal level of abysmal service.

Call 0800 561 0061 - this automated service is the best by far for reporting known local service issues.

titchell
On our wavelength

Well still wrangling with VM who claimed it was the devices in my home that were faulty!!!  Two laptops, 3 mobiles and a Smart TV all decided to drop out at the same time?
SamKnows speed test now constantly low, catch up operates in burst, eventually the agreed to get a replacement modem to me but have had no confirmation of that yet..
Losing the will to argue anymore 😟