Menu
ryanb_1987
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Volt Benefits not applied

Applied for my O2/Virgin Media volt benefits.

O2 have applied my benefits doubling my data on mobile contract, which also confirms they see the 2 accounts in the same name and postcode.

Virgin media have not increased broadband speed as promised. Spoke to customer service who tell me my volt eligibility is set to No on virgin end.  Sent me back to speak to o2 who tell me to speak to virgin, so stuck in this silly loop. Surely 2 companies who merged can speak to each other to sort this issue?

Anyone had any luck getting their broadband boosted? 

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Volt Benefits not applied

Hello ryanb_1987

Sorry to hear of the problems setting up the Volt benefits, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

From checking the account it looks like this has been added since your post, if there is anything else we can help you with please let us know.

Rob

0 Kudos
Danatthelane
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Virgin Media

I have had the same experience as well, where my 02 data has been doubled very quickly yet nothing on my Virgin account.  When I log in it says 'great news you've been increased' yet this is to what I had and was paying for already.  The next speed level is available in my area, so can you please let me know how I get this applied to my account please?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
ryanb_1987
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Correct.  Issue now resolved.  Only took 4 phone calls and me insisting that the o2 rep spoke directly to Virgin.  Did so with alot of reluctance but it sorted the issue.  Virgin had my account flagged as not eligible for Volt benefits so a very helpful Virgin rep helped get that resolved.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
LittleTofoo
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

One would have thought they'd have sorted this out by now since you have mentioned it in November and it's now January, but no... I am on hold right now being passed around with the same exact issue.

Called Virgin and they were entirely unhelpful, basically just repeating the process of signing up for Volt like 5 times, completely ignoring what I was telling them about how I already HAVE applied, how I already GOT the o2 side of things, and it's Virgin that's kinda not keeping up their side of the deal.

After having been repeatedly told to sign up for something I am already signed up, they have then put me through to o2 saying they are the only ones who can help me, only for some helpless sounding lady to tell me there is nothing she can do as she can only deal with the o2 benefits side. 

I tried to suggest she talk to Virgin directly as you said it happened for you, but she blurted out something about how she can't do that. Best she said she can fill some form for a manager callback, and I've been down that rabbit hole before. It just never happens.

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi LittleTofoo,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the frustration you've had with this. 

Have you had your call back? If so. what was advised?

^Martin

0 Kudos
LittleTofoo
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Of course, I haven't. Besides, I somehow doubt a call back from an o2 manager would have magically solved my Virgin media problem.

Now, this is for anyone who may in the future come across this post having the exact same problem.

Don't bother talking to Customer Services about this as I swear they get no training at all and will just tell you there is nothing they can do, they'll repeat a bunch of scripted statements and probably put you through to o2 for no reason at all.

What in the end worked for me is going straight to https://www.virginmedia.com/help/contact-us/complaints (or just google 'virgin media complaints') and filing a formal complaint about the Volt not having been applied. The complaints teams take things a lot more seriously than the Customer Services, and they are more knowledgeable. I had a call back within a day and the guy said it is a very quick and simple fix and he sorted everything for me there and then.