Menu
Jacksonlp93
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Vivid 350 slowed down!

I have had Vivid 350 for a while now and always got over 350mb (anywhere from 350-400mb) and recently I have discovered that doing the tests I’m getting a maximum of 170mb... anyone tell me how this has happening? Am I being choked? Cause it sure feels like it. 

Ethernet cable not WiFi 

0 Kudos
Mart280
Up to speed
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vivid 350 slowed down!

Sounds like you might be having the same problem I did, log on to 192.168.0.1 and post you download and upload stats along with the network log, just remember when you post the network log to remove your Mac address, I've just had my router replaced today, so now it's a wait and see. 🙂

0 Kudos
alainchateau
Up to speed
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

This seems like a country wide issue at the moment. I'm normally at 370 meg solid however the last week I've been struggling to hit 100 meg. Doing a hard reset of the router has temporary fixed the issue for about an hour before  it is throttled again. 

Hard wired connection on gigabit cable and card btw. Bristol area.

cje85
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Personally I haven't noticed any problems, Speedtests seem fine

It might be useful to post your Upstream/Downstream/Network Log from http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 if using Modem Mode).

0 Kudos
Jacksonlp93
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I’ve had a look on the settings and can’t seem to find how to do a Download/Upload test via that. Any clue how to do it? 

Also it’s never went below like 340 before so it’s kind of confusing. Nothing has changed and I’m not doing anything differently. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

on the first page up - click on the router status icon/text - and then navigate to those 3 pages and copy paste up all of the data - in the network logs make sure you blank out any personal details and MAC addresses

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Jacksonlp93
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I’m unsure as to what to copy and paste and there’s no router icon/text to click on, on the first page ?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If you go to http://192.168.0.1/ (or http://192.168.100.1/ if you are in modem mode) to get the VM hub GUI. Don't login (unless you have a Hub 3 and this is your first visit to the hub GUI, which does require you to login) but instead click on Router Status which is either a button in the top right of the screen or a text link at the bottom of the screen depending on which hub you have. Click on the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log sections and copy & paste the figures from those screens and post them here, don't worry about the formatting or you can post screenshots if that is easier. Be careful to edit out or obscure any reference to your WAN IP or MAC address in the log to protect your privacy.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Mart280
Up to speed
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Okay first off in your search bar type in 192.168.0.1

Secondly enter the password (This is an 8 digit number it can be found on the sticker underneath your Hub)

Then from there go to Advanced Settings - Tools - Network Status

Click on Downstream Tab and then copy and paste on to say for example word pad everything that is displayed

Then click on Upstream Tab and again copy and paste what is displayed

Finally click on Network Log Tab and copy what is displayed, just remember to edit all your MAC address details so it reads something like this:

20/04/2019 18:17:1 Error DHCP RENEW sent - No response for IPv4;CM-MAC=;CMTS-MAC=;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

0 Kudos