Menu
Highlighted
Jonabitmiffed
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Vivid 350 is anyone actually getting 75% of speed?

Had Vivid 350 for months now and we had better speeds before we originally upgraded -VM miss-led us and downgraded us instead of upgraded, before taking ages to get is right

VM said it was our pc network cards - it's not they are 1Gbs we thought it might be out promary network cable which was cat 5

we now have either a 10Gbs network via powerline system or

a direct pc connect on 20Gbs cable

The delivered  download speed is barely 50% of stated max and frequently below 100Mb

VM used to be brilliant, now i sometimes get better speeds on my phone 

Does any one know the name of the Manager Director of Virgin Media UK  I would like to write to him at his home address 

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Rising star
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vivid 350 is anyone actually getting 75% of speed?

I do get full speed all the time. It used to be Tom Mockeridge but I think he has been fired. Someone will give you the CEO e-mail for whoever it is now 

jpeg1
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Why don't you log onto your Hub - 192.168.0.1 - copy the network connection data and post it here. We can see if there is anything wrong with your connection.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Jonabitmiffed wrote:

Does any one know the name of the Manager Director of Virgin Media UK  I would like to write to him at his home address 

Yes, because thats the way companies work. A letter to the home address of the CEO ALWAYS gets a satisfactory  response. Also being arrested for stalking MAY put a dampener on your quest to contact him/her?

Maybe you should stick to posting the metrics as outlined above?

Can you post your upstream and downstream power levels..

Go to 192.168.0.1

Do NOT LOG IN- Click router status

hub31.jpg

And post Downstream and Upstream levels..

shub32.png

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Hero
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you think that you have a BB speed problem, then to check the speeds coming in to your Hub properly, and whether they match what you should be getting, you need to do this first.
Take out all powerlines. Make sure your device has a gigabit network card and has the up to date drivers. Use a new Cat5e/6a ethernet cable to connect it to the Hub - which you have put into modem mode (to ensure only your device is connected). Then, boot up your device into "safe mode" (to disable any software on it that could be limiting speeds) and run the test at speedtest.net on 2 different browsers one of which is a fresh download of one you haven’t previously used (e.g. Firefox, Opera, etc).

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
MarkyMark0
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Count yourself lucky ive just upgraded from 200 to 350 and these are the speeds im now getting (hard wired cat 6 cable) , I have had a tech support round who cannot work out why and just said its a problem from the exchange box round the corner ,he left and I haven't a clue whats going on now, im really angry.

angrynow.jpg

jbrennand
Hero
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Did you run the test "exactly" as described in post 5 ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@MarkyMark0 I have removed your image to protect your privacy as it showed your IP address.  In future it would be best to obscure your IP address before posting images like that, or use a speed test results screen that doesn't contain it (try the share results options).

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos