Menu
crsm
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virtually no internet for 4 days, how much is the early termination fee?

I’ve recently signed up for Virgin broadband.  For the past 4 days we have had virtually no internet connection - pages load very slowly or not at all and it’s impossible to work from home.  Using a speed checker upload speed is 0 and download varies from 7-50 (I have M100).

Calling Virgin, there’s a recorded message which says there are intermittent issues (!) they are improving the service (yeah right) and that it would be fixed by 3pm ( that was yesterday).  Today they said the same and 3pm has come and gone.

i would just like to cancel and go back to Sky where I had no issues but how much are they going to sting me?

and there is a link in the contract pdf supposedly to a page to contact if you have speed issues - the link doesn’t exist....

Richard

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virtually no internet for 4 days, how much is the early termination fee?

Early termination fees will probably be capped at a "mere" £240 !  Details here.  That's probably not a very attractive option, so if you can post the Hub's status data we may be able to help get the matter resolved.

Connect to the hub by clicking on this link http://192.168.0.1/  That should pull up the log in page for the hub.  But don't log in, just click on the link "Check router status"  That'll bring up a window with five tabs.  All we need is the contents of the three titled Downstream, Upstream, Network log.  Open the Downstream tab.  Select all the text (Ctrl-A if using a keyboard), copy it (Ctrl-C), then paste it (Ctrl-V) into a reply here.  Post that, do the same for the Upstream and Network log.  You'll get an error message when you post the Network log, just click on "post" a second time.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
crsm
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Is it the same procedure if I’m using an Asus router?

Looking on nextdoor.com there are quite a number of people in my area with the same issue.  I’m so mad with Virgin I just want shot of them.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes, it is the same procedure.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
jgtimperley
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@crsm wrote:

Is it the same procedure if I’m using an Asus router?

Almost the same procedure. If you're in modem mode though, the Virgin Hub will be on http://192.168.100.1 rather than http://192.168.0.1.