cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin media speed slowed down when I switched on pod

ranvealiu
Joining in

Hi all I currently have 3 Wi-Fi pods as have issues with Wi-Fi around the house. Before I had 2 and I was getting speeds wired of 250+ and my plan is the 500+ which I can understand but when I installed the 3rd pod the speed wired when down to 50 so I’ve restarted the hub and pods and still the same issue and Wi-Fi is around 100 but when I’m downstairs next to the router it’s 500+. Any solutions on what I can do.

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Pods use the wifi to communicate with each other, and every Pod "hop" will decrease the wifi speed. 

I don't have or want the Pods, so I'm not sure if they support a wired backhaul?  This is where an ethernet cable is run from the Pod back to the Hub, hence the wifi is not needed for communication.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey ranvealiu, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to hear you are having some issues with the pods.

As mentioned above they all work together providing you with the best possible signal they can.

As long as you getting above the 20MBS WIFI max guarantee this means there is no major issues.

You can read up more here. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?