cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin media slow download speeds and horrible customer support.

richjohn85
Joining in

Hello I am a customer of virgin media’s 100MB/s download speed wifi plan, however I have never had over 1.3MB/s of download speed ever since I have started this plan 2 years ago, I can’t even get through to customer support I was placed on hold on their line for over a hour and 15 minutes and when someone picked up I said hello and they ended the call, if this is normal for others and you are looking for a virgin media review stay well away don’t give these guys anymore money their download speeds and customer service is horrendous!

2 REPLIES 2

Client62
Legend

Samknows Realspeed

First call 0800 561 0061 - use the automated service to see if there is a local service issue.

Use the test below to see if the issue is at the Hub or device.

Speed test the service to a Router mode Hub(3/4/5) + your device with the link below.

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Once the test begins click on: Run full test to see all the stats.

The speed at the Hub should reflect your subscription.

The speed any WiFi device draws data at is limited by its data needs and technical abilities.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello richjohn85, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your download speeds, we will do all we can to help. 

Can you please run the speed tests suggested by Client62 on both wired and wireless connections and then post your results? 

Also, can you please confirm which Hub you have with us? 

Thanks, 

Nat