Menu
skunky
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Lied to me

Virgin lied to me i phoned about the over payment we have been paying for over a year and about are very slow connection speed. The lady said if we do a new 18 month contract she would drop the price of are broadband to £37:00 and we would keep the same speed. She also said she would refund us the amount we over payed for that month because we payed the bill on the same day she said that. Now we got are new bill its is still the same price but are connection speed is still the same but it is fixed. So now we are forced to contact CISAS and will be canceling direct debit with you till we phone to terminat are broadband with you. The lady lied to me after we sat on the phone waiting for 1 hour 15 mins. so you will not be getting payed for this month because you are liers and cheats.

Roger

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Lied to me

Cancelling your Direct Debit will lead to black marks on your credit history, visible to lenders for the next 6 years.

Even in dispute you need to pay your bill...

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Absolutely correct about the consequences of stopping a direct debit, and you need to know that you cannot escalate to CISAS unless you have engaged with VM's complaints process, and the company have had a reasonable amount of time to investigate and put things right.  In most cases that "reasonable amount of time" is eight weeks.

My advice is wait for the forum staff to pick up your post (can take a day or three), they can then see what they can do to get your concerns sorted out.  That'll be quicker and easier for you and Virgin Media than throwing complaints around, and escalating to arbitration.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

skunky
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

No i won't we have been out of contract for years.Also we don't have to keep paying £57:00 for are broadband when it is only £52:00 to everyone else. Anyway i phoned up and we both agreed a deal because i was going to leave that day. All i see is the woman i phoned thought she would say anything to get us to stay or get us to pay for another month. if she hadn't of lied to me from the start. I wouldn't be here right now and would be happy for the agreed deal. Or i would be on another contract with bt or sky by now.So threats don't scare me. If you want to talk about black marks talk to virgin media.

0 Kudos
skunky
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I would like to say i have been complaining on these forums about why we overpay for are broadband for well over a year even years. I am just sick of it we have had a really bad broadband experience with virgin over the last year or two with real slow speeds and we are paying more than what others pay for the privilege. Well there comes a time where enough is enough.

I will wait to see what happens on this forum but im not hopefull as i been here before.

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Even on a rolling contract you still need to give 30 days notice to end otherwise it will roll over into the next month automatically and so on.

This forum isn't a place for venting, nor is it a hotline to speak to a VM member of staff - it's a support forum and billing and account queries cannot be handled on here.

Existing customers always pay more than new customers - you would have been a new customer once and paid a lower going rate than that of existing customers at the time.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

So threats don't scare me. If you want to talk about black marks talk to virgin media.

Nobody has threatened you.  You've been advised (by other VM customers) that as a simple matter of fact there will be negative consequences if you cancel a direct debit when VM believe you are still in contract.  Whether you believe us or not, we're trying to help you.  Note very carefully the following words: If you have any Virgin Media services, you are ALWAYS in a contract.  The fact that it isn't a fixed duration contract doesn't matter.  If you have not provided a valid 30 day notice to VM, and then settled all final bills, and returned any equipment, then cancelling a direct debit is going to cause YOU problems*.  Not me.  Not gary_dexter.  Not Virgin Media, YOU.  And if you are recorded as defaulting, that will be visible to potential future ISPs, mobile phone companies, energy suppliers, water suppliers, large employers, home services providers, credit card companies, mortgage lenders, landlords.  And VM will be at liberty to add late payment charges to your account, and to pass it into the debt collection.

Now, do you want to be helped, or just to moan?  Makes no odds to us, but we are willing to help if you want that.

* There is a scenario where it doesn't actually matter, and that is if you've already got a heavily soiled credit history, and one more strike makes no odds. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
skunky
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

It dont matter now because you have mind up are minds we are phoning virgin today (again) to leave but this time. I won't be listening to any of there [REMOVED] they have done nothing but treated us like [REMOVED]. Anyway. As far as for the months notice i already done that when i phoned them up last time when i got lied to.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

OK
No help needed here then
Bye

0 Kudos
skunky
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

That was the trouble i never got any help from the real virgin media workers.

Unlike you putting in your worthless penny. saying everything i have heard all before.

I spoke to CISAS and they said they will help me anyway

0 Kudos