I have had enough of the Virgin 3.0 Hun and took the plunge into buying a router and putting the hub into modem mode (new router is ASUS RTAC85P).. it was working perfectly when I first set it up and then a day later I noticed the speed had dropped... I’ve ended up resetting the Virgin Hub and I got back to 210Mb but one hour later it has dropped again... I honestly thought this would fix the problems I’ve been having so any help much appreciated
Ive connected to my Virgin Hub 3 in modem mode (wired connection) with my ASUS RT AC85P using Cat 6 cables (I couldnt connect directly to the hub with a cable hence I went through the router). The above is the speed I got...it should be on 210Mb.
Also to rule out anything on your hardware, can you boot the device into safe+networking mode and try again whilst in modem mode connected directly to the Hub - you dont need to go through the Asus.
There are many posts on here where unknown software, corrupted browsers or other connected devices are limiting speeds on tests.
Report back what that gets.
-------------------- John --------------------
I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.