Menu
Dangermouse1248
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Very slow upload from around 21:00 every night

Please can anyone let me know if they see their upload speed fall dramatically after approx 21:00 (9pm) every day?  I'm supposed to be on the M100 package (100Mbps down average, 10Mbps up average) - download often stays *reasonable* (>20-30Mbps) but upload is very often below 0.5Mbps).

Why?

Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks - Paul.

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very slow upload from around 21:00 every night

If it is consistently time-related, there's a good chance it is an over-utilisation problem.

There's some possibly relevant discussion in this thread, which may help with diagnosing what the problem is.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Dangermouse1248
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

OK, thanks a lot - I'll take a look.

All the best - Paul.

0 Kudos
Dangermouse1248
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The time aspect is interesting - the problems start consistently around 9-10pm each night and seem to persist into the early hours (often only resolving around 6am [although I haven't got much data to support the "6am"].  Would over-utilisation be expected around then?  My poor upload speed mainly impacts social videoconferences in the evening where I can see all other participants (except one) but they see a pixelated "Minecraft" version of me.  The other participant who I and others see pixelated is also the only other Virgin Media customer in the group (in a different area though).  I think this is unlikely to be coincidence.

Thanks - Paul.

0 Kudos