Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Very slow speeds last couple of days

Downloads on 50mb chunks then pauses.

starts again for 50 then pauses again.

45 minute download was showing over 11 days to complete!

Check  my kit on app says there is a fault and contact Virgin. Can’t get through on phone and no reply to my message. No issues showing on system status. 
it is showing an issue with TV but I don’t have Virgin TV

i have rebooted the router. Can anyone from Virgin assist please

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very slow speeds last couple of days

Can you set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you should post the link straight away.

Post a 'Live Link' to your BQM on here.

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and in the ‘text to display’ box write My BQM then click OK - you can post the link straight away.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

Hub 2 & 3 When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Hub 4 When the page appears LOG IN then click ‘Check Router Status’.

Copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream, Configuration and Network Log tabs onto here, if you get a yellow / straw box warning click the Post button again. Use one post for each tab if you wish.

Please do not use screen grabs.

A Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike, I have done as far down as copying the text however I am sorry I can't see the Link Icon or the Camera icon on this page to click and so can't paste the link? sorry for this. Also please note when I do a speed test it is showing 109 even though I can hardly download anything
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

@CJHaitch wrote:
Hi Mike, I have done as far down as copying the text however I am sorry I can't see the Link Icon or the Camera icon on this page to click and so can't paste the link? sorry for this. Also please note when I do a speed test it is showing 109 even though I can hardly download anything

Use Reply instead of the Quick Reply.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Use Reply instead of the Quick Reply.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike, when I try to bring up 192.168.0.1 I get the error message that 192.168.0.1 Refused to connect

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Router Mode is 192.168.0.1

Modem Mode is 192.168.100.1

Type the correct one into the browser URL / Address bar and press enter.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Same with both. On the virgin media connect app it can no longer see my router?

0 Kudos