Menu
Scotty7
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Very slow night time speeds

• I get very slow night time speeds, it starts in the evening and gets worse through the night.

It's fine through the day I get 200mb/s no problem then in the evening it dips to 70mbs which I guess could be down to demand but what's going on at 3am when I'm gaming?  It's usually about 30mbs and it stays like that.

Is this virgin throttling back at night? 

I've done all the online checks through the website and it says everything's fine!

Screenshot_20200822_023645_com.android.chrome.jpg

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very slow night time speeds

Can you carry out a couple of speed tests at speedtest.net using a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected.

Ensure that the Network Interface Card (NIC) drivers are up to date.

Then post the links to the results on here.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Scotty7
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I can, but why would that help? We already know that I'm getting the full speed during the day so it's not a connection issue. Unless my phone and computer are somehow getting a bad connection at night.

I suspect it's a supply issue!

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It is totally up to you.

You can contact VM to report your problem using ...

Text service on 07533051809

150 from Virgin landline.

0345 454 1111 from any other UK  phone.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Scotty7
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Will do, cheers.

I wasn't being funny I just wanted to understand why that would help?

0 Kudos