Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Very slow m500 speed

We are on the M500 broadband and for the last 24 hours we are lucky if we are getting 200 mbps, i have checked all the connections an even done a reset of the router an still the same, i tried ringing up to report this an it says we can see you have a fault please enter a mobile number so we can send you a link, i enter my mobile number an the line just goes dead, so thats faulty aswell, so im basicly going to have to pay for a faulty service as i cant get through to anyone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Very slow m500 speed

Are you testing the speed properly?

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes even borrowrd a laptop an hardwired it, when i rang 150 went to faults it did a check an said we have got a fault, but as theres noone to tske calls i cant report it properly 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can you set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you should post the link straight away.

Post a link to your BQM on here.

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and in the ‘text to display’ box write My BQM then click OK - you can post the link straight away.

Then

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

Hub 2 & 3 When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Hub 4 When the page appears LOG IN then click ‘Check Router Status’.

Copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log tabs onto here, if you get a yellow warning click the Post button again. Use one post for each tab if you wish. Please do not use screen grabs.

A Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I will borrow a laptop an get that info for you, just tried to do it with my phone but it wont let me copy an pastes an it was only showing the 2.4ghz info not both 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mickc1967, thanks for getting in touch - sorry for the delay getting back to you,

I'm also sorry to hear you've been having some issues with your speeds as well. I've taken a look and the account appears to be fine provisioning-wise and there are no known faults or obvious issues either. Other than some WiFi-related coverage issues everything appears to be functioning fine. 

If you're still having problems at this stage please get back to us with the bqm/hub data requested above and we'll be in a better position to help get things sorted.

Tom 

0 Kudos