Menu
Pndwebster
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Very slow broadband

Hi, I’m on 100mbps and currently getting less than 1! It was ok last week. My network is fine, WiFi is fine, tv is fine, it’s just the actual broadband speed which is usually ok but has suddenly collapsed. There must be an issue in my area but Virgin say not. I’m seriously considering moving supplier. We need decent speeds for work and university. I’ve done all the usual tests, factory re-sets and multiple re-boots. This is a problem at Virgin’s end which they need to solve. I’ve used multiple broadband speed checkers as well. Virgin are about to lose a very loyal long term customer if this carries on.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very slow broadband

Do a wired speedtest and post the results back here 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Pndwebster
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

9FB396AF-47CD-416B-8395-22473235AE81.png

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the post Pndwebster and welcome to our community.

The above speed test would be through WiFi and not wired connections to the Hub which we're trying to see. If possible please provide the results of a wired speed test on a device connected through an ethernet cable to the back of the Hub.

You may also want to start a broadband quality monitor so we can see any drops through the day. 

We would also ask if you can post your network logs from your Hub settings, you can find the information to log into the settings on the base of your Hub. We would then ask you to copy and paste these here for us to look at, removing any IP and MAC addresses to keep your information secure. 

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos