Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Very poor service quality on 1Gb Line

I'm having repeated issues with a variety of services and it is getting progressively worse.

Streaming services, Online Gaming, Conference services such as Teams, Discord.

All suffering from stuttering and connection drops and low quality.

Restarting the Hub 4 helps for a short period but I'm not putting up with restarting the router every day!

I have setup a BQM https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/6edc6bae1cd8630d0bd3a94547c9b800ae...

moniotr.png

Not sure if this activity shown is representative of the issues I am having or if its something else.

Seeing problems on my laptop which is using the 5Ghz Wifi and also on my PC with an Ethernet connection.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very poor service quality on 1Gb Line

You definitely have a connection issue. It needs someone with Hub4 know how to help out - unfortunately they are thin on the ground here at the moment.

Is this a new install or an upgrade from a previous package/Hub. If it was that, was it all OK and do you still have the old hub?

Call it in on 150 (VM Phone) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone) and see what they say when they test the connection. Calling at 08.00 midweek -- is the best time - although people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits. Took just 20’ for me one midweek afternoon recently. If you get into an automated cycle of doing reboots and then get cut off, just call back in 15 mins and the system "should" recognise that you have done that and it hasn't helped and direct you to the queue for someone to pick it up.

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies may take longer.

A VM person should pick this up here and respond, but it can take several days for them to get here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very poor service quality on 1Gb Line

Your live BQM for today looks ok the spikes could be some thing maxing out your connection so maybe look at getting your own router with QoS.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos